What you need to know
- The Raspberry Pi 4 is available now for $35.
- It features a more powerful processor and 4K support.
- It also features up to 4GB of RAM.
You can get up to 4GB RAM.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation on Monday unveiled the fourth version of its popular single-board computer, known as Raspberry Pi 4. It’s available starting today for $35.
The Raspberry Pi 4 features a quad-core Broadcom BCM2711 processor with four ARM Cortex-A72 clocked at 1.5GHz. The new model also supports up to 4GB of RAM, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, 2 USB 3.0 ports, and 2 micro-HDMI ports.
Here are all the important specs:
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB RAM
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
Thanks to the speed upgrades, the Raspberry Pi Foundation says the Raspberry Pi 4 offers a “complete desktop experience,” so users can browse the web with multiple tabs open, edit photos, and more.
The Raspberry Pi has become a popular gadget in the DIY community, whether people are making their own smart home devices or creating an old school console. It’s a surprisingly powerful and flexible gadget despite its price.
You can purchase the Raspberry Pi 4 today with 1GB of RAM for $35. There are also 2GB and 4GB models, which retail for $45 and $55, respectively.
Raspberry Pi 4
The new Raspberry Pi 4 features beefier specs, improved connectivity, and 4K support. You can purchase the Raspberry Pi 4 starting today for $35 for the model with 1GB of RAM. There’s also a model that features 4GB of RAM.
from TechnoBuffalo – Technology News, How-Tos, & Reviews http://bit.ly/2Fupe5c